BRIEF PROFILE MEDIA &ADVERTISING Vimal Kumar The Times Of India , (Senior Marketing Manager Mumbai , Chennai Baroda and Goa) Ananda Bazaar Patrika Group,-
The Telegraph and ABP Indian Express Group(Chief Of Corporate ) ,Ogilvy and Mather(Client Services Director), Saatchi and Saatchi (Associate VP) Manipal Media Network (Director, Marketing) Manipal Entertainment network –Director Manipal Infomedia –Director Brand Equity Creators – Director Publicis Beehive (Director). RETAIL , REAL ESTATE & TOURISM 1)) Launched the first Retail Chain of Stores from the RPG group in India –The Food World and Health and Glow 2)) Launched for Jubilant Retail Group ( also the owners of reputed businesses like Hindustan Times and The Dominoes chain) as Vice President Marketing ,Communication & Customer Acquisitions . The first 5 of the biggest Malls +Hypermarkets in Bangalore called the Total Malls which now is MORE .Part of Jubilant retail which runs the Dominoes Chain in India TOTAL MALLS was one of the most innovative and profitable businesses of Hypermarkets/Community centres in India – Total.
Total operates approx. 1 million sqft of retail space (50% self-operated and 50% operated through business partners), across 5 locations in Bangalore. Key Achievements: • Established store profitability within 12 months of operations. Healthy 5-6 years payback in hypermarket business. • 90% mall occupancy at a 1.65 X rent multiple.
Helping neutralise rental costs and foster faster breakeven.
• One of the highest product gross margin% in the industry due to efficient mix management and strong vendor relations.
• Developed additional 1.5% of margin stream through innovative display and branding initiatives across malls and hypermarkets.
• Established cost leadership in operations and project implementation (capex).
• One of the highest sales through-put (sales per sqft) across industry in spite of having the largest store size.
• Developed strong merchandise differentiations across categories for customer stickiness and differentiation over competition. • Laid strong supply chain, inventory management and working capital management principles.
• Efficient marketing, with intense focus on BTL and customer acquisition through strategic tie-ups with vernacular and national publishers.
• Developed a high performing team with tremendous sense of ownership and a drive to excel in every sphere of business. Spirit of ownership and result orientation was entrenched in across the 3000 team members of the company.
• Company achieved revenues of approx. Rs 500 cr in 2011 across 80 product categories with 5% store Ebidta. REBI (Real Estate bank India )- a franchise base of 45 stores across India which were at par with the best in the world. Also Launched a magazine called the Property Guru. Developed a strategic alliance HSR Singapore(A leading RealEstate Marketing Organisation) to launch professionally managed Real Estate Systems in India style brands in India – Contributed immensely in the area of Tourism management and development nationally and internationally .
A few of the iconic projects that were developed by me were a) The Sound and light show at the Golconda Fort, b) The Buddha Statue at Hussain Sagar lake 3)Developed state level tourism in Andhra Pradesh ,Tamil Nadu and Kerala as a consultant and specialist on increasing tourist inflow to these states by restructuring the entire tourism development process and positioning the States Tourism attractions in the communication process. 4)Instrumental in developing the entire State of Kerala as ” Gods own Country “by highlighting the key spots and activities and also advising the Government Of Kerala on infrastructural development and strategic communication . 5)Work closely with the Taj Group as an advisor to develop hotels in areas where there is immense flow of Tourism and also developed strategic tie ups with the government and Taj Group Of Hotels 6) As the Director Of Publicis beehive which is the NO 1 Consulting Agency in Asia Pac for Tourism and related projects we launched The “Star Cruises in India “and increased the Tourism to “Malaysia”from 75000 to over 40 lacs by creating path breaking communication with the famous slogan “Malaysia Truly Asia” and doing a promotional campaign across Asia Pac region in multiple media platforms like Press/Television/Radio/Outdoor/Seminars and Digital platforms. 7)We developed digital platform in India –Cleartrip.com which was instrumental in changing the world for Tourists by ensuring smooth travel program where for the first time they could do their entire planning from local commuting by cabs and tourist busses to booking national and international trains, flights and hotel accommodation in one platform.yatra.com etc were only followers. LIFE STYLE BRANDS Alukov of Czech republic and Smartpools of Malaysia President- business expansion for Sangeetha Mobiles(The No 1 mobile retail chain in India) , President at Persang karaoke the no 1 Karaoke Brand Vice President at Kurlon the largest selling mattresses in India . My formative years have been across India in schools like Loyola Trivandrum, Don Bosco Mumbai and the Kendriya Vidyalayas across Delhi, Chandigarh, Calcutta, Mumbai and Chennai as my father retired as the Chief General Manager and Foreign Exchange Controller from The Reserve Bank Of India . I graduated from the prestigious Madras Christian College and had my Post Graduate in management from Jamnalal Bajaj and St Xaviers Mumbai.
© Entrepreneursface.com. All Rights Reserved.